NATIVITY SCENE – Baby Jesus – free crochet pattern
And on the third day after the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ, Mary went out of the cave, and, entering a stable, placed the child in a manger, and an ox and an ass adored him. Then was fulfilled that which was said by the prophet Isaiah, “The ox knows his owner, and the ass his master’s crib.” Therefore, the animals, the ox and the ass, with him in their midst incessantly adored him. Then was fulfilled that which was said by Habakkuk the prophet, saying, “Between two animals you are made manifest.”
Thanks to creator Jennita De Amor, I was able to transcribe the pattern from her YouTube channel. (Click on the colored words and you will be directed there.)
- La traduzione italiana può essere trovata qui. Le abbreviazioni corrispondenti in inglese sono qui.
- La traduction française peut être trouvée ici. Les abréviations correspondantes en anglais sont ici.
- La traducción al español se puede encontrar aquí. Las abreviaturas correspondientes en inglés están aquí.
- A magyar fordítás itt található. A megfelelő angol rövidítések itt találhatók.
- Traducerea in limba română o puteți găsi aici. Abrevierile corespondente în engleză le găsiți aici.
- Cotton in the colors: black (a little), white, pink, light brown and skin color or cream.
- Yellow acrylic yarn for the straw
- Hook n° 2.5
- Velcro or cat brush
Abbreviations and correspondences from other languages in English are here.
Head and body
(Start with skin color yarn)
- 1: 6sc in MR
- 2: 6 inc = 12
- 3: (1sc, inc)x 6 = 18
- 4: (2sc, inc)x 6 = 24
- 5-9 : 24sc (5 rds)
- 10: (2sc, dec)x 6 = 18
- 11: (1sc, dec)x 6 = 12
- Stuff the head!
- 12: (1sc, dec)x 4 = 8
- Change to white color yarn!
- 13: (1sc, inc)x 4 = 12
- 14-22: 12sc (9 rds)
- Stuff the body!
- 23: (1sc, dec)x 4 = 8 FO. Close the hole!
Embroider the eyes with black thread between rows 6 and 7 rows of the head as in the photo.
Embroider the cheeks with pink thread and put a brown strand in the center of the head.
(white color yarn)
- 1: 25ch and from the second ch from hook make 24sc, 1ch, turn
- 2-24: 24sc, 1ch, turn (23 rds)
Wrap the baby in the blanket (sew each corner of the blanket to the body).
(light brown color yarn)
- 1: 7ch and from the second ch from hook make 6sc, 1ch, turn
- 2-14: 6sc, 1ch, turn (13 rds)
- 15: BLO 6sc, 1ch, turn
- 16-38: 6sc, 1ch, turn (23 rds)
- 39: BLO 6sc, 1ch, turn
- 40-52: 6sc, 1ch, turn (13 rds)
- 53: BLO 6sc, 1ch, turn
- 54-76: 6sc, 1ch, turn (23 rds) FO. Leave a tail for sewing. Sew the last row with the start chain, the 6 stitches.
Base of the crib
(light brown color yarn)
- Atach the thread to one of the 14sc sides and crochet in the rows:
- 1: 14sc, 1ch, turn
- 2-24: 14sc. 1ch, turn (23 rds)
Sew the base to the edges of the crib.
(yellow color yarn)
Brush the yellow acrylic yarn with velcro.
If you like this article you can use the button below to support this website:
Wow so cool. Thanks for the pattern. Wish you alot of bless.
How do you print these patterns?
You can’t because of the protection I introduced. You can just take screenshots and combine them in a word file or pdf.
Thank you for the comment.
Hi, What sizes are they suppose to come out at? Also what size yarn are you recommending for this?
Hi Naomi! thank you for the comment.
The cotton used is 4 ply (135m/50g). The height of baby Jesus is about 8cm.